The southernmost and sunniest province in Austria
Carinthia is the southernmost and sunniest province in Austria and is an ideal region for walking or cycling because of the relatively modest height differences.
In spring and summer you can completely relax between the green mountains and it is possible to swim in one of the many lakes in Carinthia. (Afritzersee, Ossiachersee, Wörthersee, Feldsee and Millstättersee)
Nobody has to get bored during the holidays! There is a lot to do in Carinthia. How about:
• To walk. Directly from the guesthouse on the Verditz , or on the Gerlitzen, the Dobratsch or anywhere else in the Nockberge National Park
• Swimming in the lakes, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, canyoning, rafting, fishing
• Mountain biking , cycling, paragliding and horse riding (a cycle path of approx. 45 km has been constructed around the Ossiachersee)
• A cruise on one of the lakes. Or, a boat trip from Villach town center on the Drau to the Faakersee
• A visit to one of the following places in Carinthia> Klagenfurt, Villach, Velden am Wörthersee.
• A day to Venice and to Bled in Slovenia.
• Climbing, clattering
• A visit to the castle Landskron near Villach
• Summer skiing on the Mölltaler Gletscher Ankogel
• Car enthusiasts can visit the Porsche museum in Gmund or the Villacher classic car museum
• Making a tour with the motorcycle or car. Drive the Nockalmstrasse en, the Villacher Alpenstraße, the Triglav Park (SLO) and Tarvisano (IT)
• Visit the border triangle of Austria, Slovenia and Italy (Arnoldstein)
• The Pyramidenkogel viewpoint at Keutschach am See
These are just a few examples. There is much more to see, experience and discover in Carinthia.