Austria's southernmost and sunniest province
Carinthia is the southernmost and sunniest province of Austria and, because of the relatively modest height differences, is an ideal region for walking or cycling.
In spring and summer you can completely relax between the green mountains and it is possible to swim in one of the many lakes in Carinthia. (Afritzersee, Ossiachersee, Wörthersee, Feldsee and Millstättersee)
No one will be bored during the holidays! There is a lot to do in Carinthia. What did you think of, among other things:
• To walk. Directly from the guest house on the Verditz , or on the Gerlitzen , the Dobratsch or anywhere else in the Nockberge National Park
• Swimming in the lakes, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, canyoning, rafting, fishing
• Mountain biking , cycling, paragliding and horseback riding (a cycle path of approximately 45 km has been constructed around the Ossiachersee)
• A cruise on one of the lakes. Or, a boat trip from Villach city center over the Drau to Faakersee
• A visit to one of the following places in Carinthia> Klagenfurt, Villach, Velden am Wörthersee.
• A day to Venice and to Bled in Slovenia .
• Climbing, clattering
• Visiting the castle Landskron near Villach
• Summer skiing on the Mölltaler Gletscher Ankogel
• Car enthusiasts can visit the Porsche museum in Gmund or the Villacher old-timer museum
• Making a tour by motorcycle or car. Drive the Nockalmstrasse and the Villach Alpine Road, the Triglav Park (SLO) and Tarvisano (IT)
• Visit the border triangle of Austria, Slovenia and Italy (Arnoldstein)
• The Pyramidenkogel viewpoint at Keutschach am See
These are just a few examples. There is much more to see, experience and discover in Carinthia.